List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 22 1999 5:32pm
Subject:Re: mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs
are off
View as plain text
>>>>> "Magnus" == Magnus Stenman <stone@stripped> writes:

Magnus> FYI, this only works on newer syslogs, eg the one found in RedHat 6.0
Magnus> khera@stripped wrote:

>> install the RPM of 3.22.26a.  This is the third release I've used
>> which continues to exhibit this error.  I have reported it each time.
>> Are you not going to fix it or should I just stop submitting
>> bug reports about it?
>>
>> >How-To-Repeat:
>> on nightly run, if logging is off, logrotate reports error of missing file
>> >Fix:
>> add "missingok" to the definition:
>>
>> *** #mysql~     Wed Sep 22 10:06:37 1999
>> --- mysql       Wed Sep 22 10:06:37 1999
>> ***************
>> *** 1,4 ****
>> --- 1,5 ----
>> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.log {
>> +       missingok
>> rotate 3
>> daily
>> compress

Hi!

If the above is true, it means that we can't have this as default :(

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offkhera22 Sep
  • Re: mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offMagnus Stenman22 Sep
    • Re: mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offMichael Widenius22 Sep
  • mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offMichael Widenius22 Sep