List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Gent Date:May 8 2003 3:05pm
Subject:Re: Replication
View as plain text
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

I was hoping that it would replicate onwards as soon as it retrieved an
update.

So the next set of questions are.

When the master does the replication, does it go round the slaves in a set
order or are they all updated at the same time.

Also how are the updates done, is it via a binary update or via remote SQL
commands.

What I was also wondering was how do people distribute the requests over the
slaves. The mySQL docs say that in the future they are wanting to create an
agent app for this, but since this is not available. I was wondering what
people use at the moment.

Thanks,

Adam