List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 22 1999 3:21pm
Subject:mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are off
View as plain text
>>>>> "khera" == khera  <khera@stripped> writes:

khera> 	install the RPM of 3.22.26a.  This is the third release I've used
khera> 	which continues to exhibit this error.  I have reported it each time.
khera> 	Are you not going to fix it or should I just stop submitting
khera> 	bug reports about it?

>> How-To-Repeat:
khera> 	on nightly run, if logging is off, logrotate reports error of missing file
>> Fix:
khera> 	add "missingok" to the definition:

khera> *** #mysql~	Wed Sep 22 10:06:37 1999
khera> --- mysql	Wed Sep 22 10:06:37 1999
khera> ***************
khera> *** 1,4 ****
khera> --- 1,5 ----
khera>   /var/lib/mysql/mysql.log {
khera> + 	missingok
khera>           rotate 3
khera>           daily
khera>           compress

Hi!

Sorry about this; We have fixed this in the 3.23 source three but
forgot to do this in the 3.22 source tree.

I shall fix this at once.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offkhera22 Sep
  • Re: mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offMagnus Stenman22 Sep
    • Re: mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offMichael Widenius22 Sep
  • mysql RPM files installs /etc/logrotate.d/mysql which failes if logs are offMichael Widenius22 Sep