List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:May 7 2003 4:03am
Subject:Bug with CONCAT and NULL values?
View as plain text
Is this a bug? It seems that if I have a "ku_appliance_notes text" field
defined in a schema, then this UPDATE will fail. It will work however if I
change the schema to "ku_appliance_notes text NOT NULL,". So it appears that
CONCAT will not work if the original value is NULL. *sigh*

UPDATE sku_appliance_table SET sku_appliance_notes = CONCAT('Daevid
Wrote:<BR>',sku_appliance_notes) WHERE sku_appliance_id = '1' LIMIT 1;

Also, I tried to set the default in the schema to "default ''", but it seems
that it doesn't take.

Thread
Bug with CONCAT and NULL values?Daevid Vincent7 May
  • Re: Bug with CONCAT and NULL values?Paul DuBois7 May