List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 22 1999 12:51pm
Subject:what are these files?
View as plain text
>>>>> "Orlando" == Orlando Andico <orly@stripped> writes:

Orlando> I found these files in my MySQL data directory. Looks like temporary
Orlando> tables to me (this is MySQL 3.22.21 running on a production server). Why
Orlando> weren't they cleared out? obviously they haven't been written to in a
Orlando> while..

Orlando> -rw-rw----   1 root     root     29360128 Jul  8 00:28 A-24.ISD
Orlando> -rw-rw----   1 root     root         1024 Jul  8 00:26 A-24.ISM
Orlando> -rw-rw----   1 root     root         8876 Jul  8 00:26 A-24.frm
Orlando> -rw-rw----   1 root     root     49296197 Jul  8 00:20 A-304e3.ISD
Orlando> -rw-rw----   1 root     root     55254016 Jul  8 00:20 A-304e3.ISM
Orlando> -rw-rw----   1 root     root         8876 Jul  8 00:15 A-304e3.frm

Hi!

These are temporary files that may been left if MySQL has been killed hard
while it processes an ALTER TABLE. You can remove any tables with
a name that matches '?-*' in the mysql data directories.

(We don't remove these automaticly as in the worst case the above file
may contain the only copy of your original table)

Regards,
Monty

Thread
what are these files?Orlando Andico22 Sep
  • what are these files?Michael Widenius22 Sep