List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 22 1999 9:59am
Subject:Re: Oracle <-> Mysql
View as plain text
>>>>> "Ralph" == Ralph Graulich <graulich@stripped> writes:

Mariusz> Hi all!
Mariusz> I'd like to import MySQL databases for Oracle.
Mariusz> Is there anywhere converter which fix some differences with data types?
>> If you can generate CREATE statements of your tables, you can probably
>> use replace to fix the column types. (On the other hand, MySQL should
>> support most of the Oracle types)
Ralph> [...]

Ralph> Hi,

Ralph> if you need any help in converting exisiting Oracle tables to mySQL tables, drop
> me a note. This is currently my main point of interest in my own business, having an
> exisiting database on a different machine (Sun + Oracle) converted to another machine
> running mySQL on linux.

Ralph> Doing the things of data format convertion, too - maybe I can give you some
> hints on converting date/date-time strings to the format mySQL's using and so on.

Ralph> Regards
Ralph> ... Ralph ...

Hi!

If you have the time; We would love to have an entry in the MySQL
manual that describes this. :)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Oracle <-> MysqlMariusz Kasinski22 Sep
  • Oracle <-> MysqlMichael Widenius22 Sep
    • Re: Oracle <-> MysqlRalph Graulich22 Sep
      • Re: Oracle <-> MysqlMichael Widenius22 Sep