List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 22 1999 9:37am
Subject:Re: FreeBSD
View as plain text
>>>>> "Danny" == Danny Carroll <danny@stripped> writes:

Danny> G'day Michael,
Danny> Like I said I didn't investigate it but I think that it is only the 2.2.7
Danny> release...  I tried it on 2.2.8 and had no problems.  Others have mentioned
Danny> that it's ok on 2.2.5, 2.2.6 etc..

Danny> I have a 2.2.7 server up and running that I am able to test mySQL on.
Danny> Can you offer the best config parameter for me to try?

Danny> Unfortunatly I cannon offer access to this server (it's not mine) but if you
Danny> want me to test something and send info back to you I am happy to do that.

Danny> -Danny

I would try something like the following with gcc 2.95.1:

CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-assembler --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static
--disable-shared --with-debug --with-mit-threads

The '--with-debug' will enable you to get a nice trace file if something
doesn't work!

Regards,
Monty
Thread