List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:May 2 2003 8:14pm
Subject:RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> prompt
View as plain text
This doesn't work for me... However, I could use CTRL+Z (suspend) and then
fg to get back...

[daevid=pts/0]1:12pm@silver:{/home/daevid}> mycrm

Your MySQL connection id is 12476 to server version: 3.23.56-Max

mysql> \! ls
ERROR:
Unknown command '\!'.
    -> ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '\! ls' at line 1
mysql> \! ls *.sql
ERROR:
Unknown command '\!'.
    -> ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '\! ls *.sql' at line
1
mysql>
Suspended
[daevid=pts/0]1:13pm@silver:{/home/daevid}> fg
mysql -hlocalhost -uroot crm

mysql> ls
    -> ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ls' at line 1
mysql>

Getting to the shell from mysql> promptJulie Myhre1 May
  • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDan Nelson2 May
    • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptCurtis Maurand2 May
      • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptStephen Fromm2 May
      • RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDaevid Vincent2 May
        • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDan Nelson2 May
        • RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptPaul DuBois2 May
RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptJulie Myhre5 May
  • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptBrian Reichert5 May