Contact: John Maciejewski
Title:MySQL Database Engineer
Location: Menlo Park, CA
No relocation assistance
Client will not sponsor
No 3rd parties
* Responsible for the design, implementation, debugging, delivery,
and maintenance of enhancements to MySQL for our high-availability
* Work closely with other software engineers, QA, artists, and
designers to develop and extend the core software components of the
* Contribute to the MySQL open source community.
* Work with the Operations and business teams to ensure that
requirements are clearly understood and documented.
* Actively ensure effective application design, database layout, and
network usage. Identify and address potential deployment, operational
and performance issues.
* Responsible for the delivery of clean and well documented code that
complies with standards.
* Review QA test plans and provides input when appropriate. Assist
and advise QA in developing and running white box tests to support
MySQL modifications. Work effectively with QA to deliver top-quality
results. Track and resolve bugs effectively.
* Work closely with the operations team to ensure that all database
related systems have been well documented, streamlined, and
supportable operational processes. Able and available to diagnose
critical operations problems as they occur.
* Work with producers/program managers to ensure that projects are
well planned, accurately tracked, and developed in accordance with
processes. Ensure that code and documentation is well organized.
* Delivered production quality database services that have been used
in high-volume situations.
* Must have a strong understanding of operational issues (backup,
recovery, security, monitoring, serviceability) and be able to build
applications that take them into consideration.
* 3-5 years of C++ software engineering experience.
* 3+ years experience working with MySQL internals, including disk
layout and network protocol related issues.
* Extensive experience working in the open source community for MySQL.
* Solid experience with MySQL performance measurement and optimization.
* Experience with database replication.
* 3-5 years of hands-on UNIX, Perl, DBI and shell scripting experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes
excellent documentation and commenting habits for code, and the
ability to explain complex technical subject matter (such as read
consistency, rollback, database recovery, and point-in-time recovery)
to other engineers.
* Must have a customer-centric attitude towards end users and
stakeholders of the database systems.
* Must be comfortable working in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial
environment and have a passion for doing what it takes to build an
(Maciejewski & Associates)
225 Harvard Road
San Mateo, Ca 94402
|• job. MySQL Database Engineer. Menlo Park, Ca. Permanent||John Maciejewski||2 May|