List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Curtis Maurand Date:May 2 2003 1:46pm
Subject:Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> prompt
View as plain text
And I searched for that in the docs yesterday, too.  I couldn't find it
anywhere.  I searched on the terms "shell," "external," and "ext."  then
again, I wasn't searching using the website search function. I was looking
in the table of contents.

hrmmm.

Curtis

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (May 01), Myhre, Julie said:
> > Is there a way to spawn off to the shell from the mysql prompt,
> > either for a quick shell command (like an ls of your current
> > directory), or to stay there and run a couple commands, then get back
> > to the same mysql session?
> >
> > For example, on a UNIX box, from an Oracle SQL*Plus prompt I can do:
> > sqlplus>!ls *.sql
> >
> > Or just type the ! and get to my shell.  When I type 'exit' I am
> > returned to that sqlplus prompt.
>
> Try:
>
> mysql> \! ls *.sql
>
> For a plain shell, run "\! sh", or whatever your favorite shell is.

Curtis Maurand
mailto:curtis@stripped
http://www.maurand.com

Thread
Getting to the shell from mysql> promptJulie Myhre1 May
  • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDan Nelson2 May
    • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptCurtis Maurand2 May
      • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptStephen Fromm2 May
      • RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDaevid Vincent2 May
        • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDan Nelson2 May
        • RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptPaul DuBois2 May
RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptJulie Myhre5 May
  • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptBrian Reichert5 May