List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terry Riley Date:May 1 2003 3:50pm
Subject:Re: Help with Error 1136
View as plain text
Jay

----------Original Message---------

> can anyone help me out with what this error means?
>
> mysql> INSERT INTO schedule (dayid, timeid, showid) SELECT days.dayid
> > FROM days WHERE dayid = '2003-05-01' UNION SELECT times.timeid FROM
> times WHERE timeid = '06:00:00' UNION SELECT shows.showid FROM shows
> WHERE showid = '2';
>
> ERROR 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Your insert is expecting three columns.

Your select/unions are only producing one (which will be cast as the first
select item)

Not sure what you need to get the result you want - my brain isn't working
too well either!

Terry
Thread
Help with Error 1136Jay Fitzgerald1 May
  • Re: Help with Error 1136Bruce Feist1 May
  • Re: Help with Error 1136Bruce Feist1 May
  • Re: Help with Error 1136(Terry Riley)2 May