List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Julie Myhre Date:May 1 2003 7:35pm
Subject:Getting to the shell from mysql> prompt
View as plain text
Hello,

Is there a way to spawn off to the shell from the mysql prompt, either
for a quick shell command (like an ls of your current directory), or to
stay there and run a couple commands, then get back to the same mysql
session?

For example, on a UNIX box, from an Oracle SQL*Plus prompt I can do:
sqlplus>!ls *.sql

Or just type the ! and get to my shell.  When I type 'exit' I am
returned to that sqlplus prompt.

Thanks in advance,
Julie Myhre

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

Getting to the shell from mysql> promptJulie Myhre1 May
  • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDan Nelson2 May
    • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptCurtis Maurand2 May
      • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptStephen Fromm2 May
      • RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDaevid Vincent2 May
        • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptDan Nelson2 May
        • RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptPaul DuBois2 May
RE: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptJulie Myhre5 May
  • Re: Getting to the shell from mysql> promptBrian Reichert5 May