List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 3 1999 9:56pm
Subject:IDEA: table cloning
View as plain text
>>>>> "indrek" == indrek siitan <tfr@stripped> writes:

indrek> Hey,
indrek> sorry, if i haven't found the thing i'm proposing in the manual,
indrek> but a really neat thing that would help me a lot would be creating
indrek> a table that has exactly the same structure as some other table.
indrek> for example: CREATE TABLE table2 LIKE table1, that would create
indrek> table table2 with exactly the same structure/keys as table1.

indrek> Rgds,
indrek>   Tfr

Hi!

We already have this on the TODO with a quite high priority:

The syntax will be:

CREATE TABLE table_name SELECT ... FROM ....

All columns in 'table_name' will have the same types as the selected:
columns!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
IDEA: table cloningindrek siitan4 Apr
  • Re: IDEA: table cloningThimble Smith4 Apr
  • IDEA: table cloningMichael Widenius4 Apr
  • Re: IDEA: table cloningBenjamin Scherrey4 Apr
    • Re: IDEA: table cloningMichael Widenius4 Apr
  • Re: IDEA: table cloningVivek Khera5 Apr