List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 29 2003 11:30pm
Subject:RE: Sql on redhat 8
View as plain text
At 14:00 -0500 4/29/03, Jones, Clifton R [CC] wrote:
>On that subject, I have a question.  I installed from RPM on RH8 and
>everything went according to the installation instructions, EXCEPT
>for one thing.  After the installation MySQL was running, but when I
>had to reboot for some reason MySQL was no longer running.  The
>instructions explicitly stated that MySQL would be set up to start
>on reboot.  It doesn't.  Anyone have ideas why this functionality
>failed?

It seems to be a bug in Red Hat's chkconfig program.

Do this as root:

# chkconfig --levels 2345 mysql on

To enable MySQL startup for runlevels 2 through 5.

>Stock RH 8 install (all defaults chosen) and same for MySQL.
>
>-Cliff

Thread
Sql on redhat 8Larry Cotton29 Apr
  • Re: Sql on redhat 8Clinton Gormley29 Apr
  • Re: Sql on redhat 8Clinton Gormley29 Apr
  • Re: Sql on redhat 8shrek-m@gmx.de29 Apr
  • Re: Sql on redhat 8shrek-m@gmx.de29 Apr
  • Re: Sql on redhat 8Batara Kesuma29 Apr
RE: Sql on redhat 8Clinton Gormley29 Apr
Re: Sql on redhat 8shrek-m@gmx.de29 Apr
  • Re: Sql on redhat 8Clinton Gormley3 May
RE: Sql on redhat 8Clifton R [CC] Jones30 Apr
  • RE: Sql on redhat 8Paul DuBois30 Apr
    • Question about mysql and gnu/gplj.random.programmer30 Apr
      • Re: Question about mysql and gnu/gplBenjamin Pflugmann16 May
  • Re: Sql on redhat 8shrek-m@gmx.de30 Apr
RE: Sql on redhat 8Dave Christensen30 Apr