List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 21 1999 10:26pm
Subject:MYSQL configuration abort
View as plain text
>>>>> "Aamina" == Aamina Masood <aamina_masood@stripped> writes:

Aamina> Please can you help:
Aamina> I have the following on my sytem:
Aamina> OpenLinux v2.2 registered

Aamina> I was trying to install MYSQL but the configuration failed:

Aamina> Here are the excerpts from the config.log file:

Aamina> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
Aamina> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

Aamina> configure:640: checking host system type
Aamina> configure:661: checking target system type
Aamina> configure:679: checking build system type
Aamina> configure:713: checking for a BSD compatible install
Aamina> configure:782: checking whether build environment is sane
Aamina> configure:818: checking for working aclocal
Aamina> configure:831: checking for working autoconf
Aamina> configure:844: checking for working automake
Aamina> configure:857: checking for working autoheader
Aamina> configure:870: checking for working makeinfo
Aamina> configure:883: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
Aamina> configure:959: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Aamina> Makefiles
Aamina> configure:996: checking whether build environment is sane
Aamina> configure:1012: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
Aamina> configure:1052: checking for gcc
Aamina> configure:1129: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
Aamina> configure:1143: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
Aamina> configure:1163: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler
Aamina> configure:1168: checking whether we are using GNU C
Aamina> configure:1177: gcc -E conftest.c
Aamina> configure:1192: checking whether gcc accepts -g
Aamina> configure:1224: checking for c++
Aamina> configure:1224: checking for g++
Aamina> configure:1224: checking for gcc
Aamina> configure:1255: checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works
Aamina> configure:1269: gcc -o conftest    conftest.C  1>&5
Aamina> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory
Aamina> configure: failed program was:
Aamina> #line 1265 "configure"
Aamina> #include "confdefs.h"
Aamina> main(){return(0);}

Hi!

The above means that you haven't installed a C++ compiler!
(The file config.log includes more details about this)

Please install gcc 2.95.1 and try again!

You can also try the following:

CXX=gcc ./configure

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MYSQL configuration abortAamina Masood21 Sep
  • MYSQL configuration abortMichael Widenius22 Sep