List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Deejee Date:April 29 2003 3:55am
Subject:primary key help!
View as plain text
Hi, all: I am using JDBC connect to SQL to build a medical record website, I have the
following scenario and problems: 1. I used AUTO_INCREMENT to get a unique key for my
every table primary key 2. I need to return the primary key in my function after the
insertion. 3. How can I get back the key in my program?  4. Last_insert_id()? How can it
be done in a multi-user environment? 5. Is the AUTO_INCREMENT a wrong decision, what else
can I do to generate the key?  Your help will be much appreciated!  Thanks!Wogong