List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Prabu Subroto Date:April 28 2003 1:39pm
Subject:Re: Resetting Autoincrement.
View as plain text
What is "x" there? What is it for?
--- Daniel Negron/KBE <danegron@stripped>
wrote:

> ALTER TABLE tablename AUTO_INCREMENT=x;
>

> Thank you,

>         ---------                Daniel Negron
>
>       //         \\            *****************
>      /  _  __ ___  \    Lotus Notes Admin /
> Developer
>     |  | |/ /| _ )  |   KB Electronic, Inc.
>     |  | ' < | _ \  |   12095 NW 39th Street
>     |  |_|\ \|___/  |   Coral Springs, FL. 33065
>      \     \_\     /    954.346.4900 x 122
>       \\         //     email:
> danegron@stripped
>
>         ---------       http://www.kbelectronics.com

> |--------+------------------------>
> |        |          Prabu Subroto |
> |        |          <prabusubroto@|
> |        |          yahoo.com>    |
> |        |                        |
> |        |          04/28/2003    |
> |        |          08:54 AM      |
> |        |                        |
> |--------+------------------------>
>

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>   |      To:     "mysql@stripped"
> <mysql@stripped>
>   |      cc:

>   |      Subject:     Resetting Autoincrement.

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>

> Dear my friends....
>
> I have a column with auto_increment, namely
> "SalesID".
> I want to know how to reset the auto_increment.
> For example:
> I have 20 persons who work as our sales. So it means
> the last SalesID is 20.
> If I delete the last row of SalesID (20) and insert
> new one than it will start not from 20 but from 21.
> Where as I want it starts back from 20.
>
> The second question is: "Is it possible to make the
> MySQL (3.23.55) reset the auto_increment
> automatically?
>
> Thank you very much.

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

http://search.yahoo.com
Thread
Resetting Autoincrement.Prabu Subroto28 Apr
  • Re: Resetting Autoincrement.Paul DuBois28 Apr
  • Re: Resetting Autoincrement.Gabriel-Dumitrel MOSCALU29 Apr
    • RE: Resetting Autoincrement.Daevid Vincent29 Apr
      • Re: Resetting Autoincrement.Joel Rees30 Apr
    • Re: Resetting Autoincrement.Prabu Subroto29 Apr
Re: Resetting Autoincrement.Prabu Subroto28 Apr
  • re: Re: Resetting Autoincrement.Victoria Reznichenko29 Apr
    • re: Re: Resetting Autoincrement.Prabu Subroto5 May