List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 21 1999 9:25pm
Subject:Re: undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHP
View as plain text
>>>>> "James" == James Manning <jmm@stripped> writes:

James> [ Tuesday, September 21, 1999 ] Christophe Lauer wrote:
>> You mean i sould upgrade my kernel ? I always refused to do it because
>> of the large amount of things that have to be upgraded for it.

James> No, just glibc, and I wouldn't even upgrade that until one of the
James> MySQL developers responds to your note... there might be some mysql
James> trick to get around the need for those calls.. upgrading glibc
James> is, like the kernel, a very large task

>> Could you tell me what you mean with LFS patches ? I do not know that
>> term.

James> ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/linux/LFS/

James> I'm very unsure whether LFS really has any support for adding
James> the *64() calls to glibc 2.0... again, wait for one of the "real"
James> mysql developers to offer their opinion... it should save time and
James> effort...

Hi!

It seams that some glibc 2.0 versions claims that they have big file
support even if they haven't.  In next MySQL version we will fix
configure to not try to detect big file support on Linux..

The fix for the open64() problem is to remove the big-file-test from
configure, rerun configure and recompile MySQL.

In other words, remove the following lines from configure:

----
# Big file support ? (Solaris 2.6 style)
# This may have to be commented on Relient (Siemens) unix
echo $ac_n "checking "for Sun style big file support"""... $ac_c" 1>&6
echo "configure:4890: checking "for Sun style big file support"" >&5
LFS_CFLAGS=`getconf LFS_CFLAGS 2>/dev/null`
if test $? = 0 -a "$SYSTEM_TYPE" != "sni-sysv4"
then
  CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $LFS_CFLAGS"
  CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS $LFS_CFLAGS"
  #
  LFS_LDFLAGS=`getconf LFS_LDFLAGS`
  LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $LFS_LDFLAGS"
  #
  LFS_LIBS=`getconf LFS_LIBS`
  LIBS="$LIBS $LFS_LIBS"
  echo "$ac_t"""Found. Using C $LFS_CFLAGS LD $LFS_LDFLAGS LIB $LFS_LIBS"" 1>&6
else
  echo "$ac_t"""No"" 1>&6
fi
-------

Regards,
Monty
Thread
undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHPChristophe Lauer21 Sep
  • Re: undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHPJames Manning21 Sep
Re: undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHPJames Manning21 Sep
  • Re: undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHPMatthias Urlichs21 Sep
  • Re: undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHPMichael Widenius22 Sep
    • Re: undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHPMatthias Urlichs22 Sep
      • Re: undef reference 'open64' when compiling with PHPMichael Widenius22 Sep