List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith C. Ivey Date:April 25 2003 10:42pm
Subject:Re: Index File Size
View as plain text
On 25 Apr 2003 at 15:31, David Griffiths wrote:

> We've used the Raid option with MySQL-Max to split this large table up; I
> haven't come across anything to split up the indexes....
>
> Any suggestions?

You might consider merge tables, especially if you're not always
using all the data -- for example, if you're often only interested in
the last few months' worth.
--
Keith C. Ivey <keith@stripped>
Tobacco Documents Online

Thread
Index File SizeDavid Griffiths26 Apr
  • Re: Index File SizeKeith C. Ivey26 Apr
    • Re: Index File SizeDan Nelson26 Apr
  • Re: Index File SizeDavid Griffiths26 Apr
    • Multiple languages in MySqlScott Haneda26 Apr