List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 21 1999 5:38pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC compilation
View as plain text
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Freitas <sflist@stripped> writes:

Hi again!

<cut>
Steve> [root@linus samples]# ./odbctest DSN=test
Steve> OpenLink ODBC Demonstration program
Steve> This program show an interactive SQL processor

Steve> [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded,
Steve> SQLSTATE=IM003
Steve> [iODBC][Driver Manager]libmysqlclient.so.6: cannot open shared object
Steve> file: No such file or directory, SQLSTATE=00000
Steve> -------------
Steve> Now, you went *way* over my head with that gcc stuff. :-) I really don't
Fix.

Copy libmysqlclient.so to /lib or /usr/lib and run 'ldconfig'

Steve> know what to do with it. As far as my "odbc.ini" file is concerned, I
Steve> don't have one -- I have an "iodbc.ini" file, and it looks roughly like
Steve> yours. Like I said, iHTML runs fine with that other copy of myodbc, so I
Steve> would assume then that my iodbc.ini is just fine. Right?

No.  libodbc uses ~/.odbc.ini instead of ~/.iodbc.ini.  You should
rename (or link) your file to ~/.odbc.ini

Steve> Maybe something good for me to know would be what other files *and paths*
Steve> myodbc relies upon once built. Perhaps I can 'fake it' into working?

Steve> I have been nurturing a sneaking suspicion that path coherency is causing
Steve> a lot of these problems -- for example, the paths used by the MySQL
Steve> source dist are totally different from what is specified by the MySQL
Steve> binary RPM, and I couldn't even open odbctest until I installed the MySQL
Steve> RPM. Is there any chance of unifying path architectures between the
Steve> different dists?

The MySQL RPM just builds the standard MySQL source distribution with
some paths that are specific to Linux; This shouldn't be any big
problem.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius18 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationChristopher R. Jones18 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas20 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius20 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas21 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius21 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas25 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas26 Sep