List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:colbey Date:April 24 2003 11:29pm
Subject:Re: performance
View as plain text
"select * from <table> limit 1000"

Are you sure you need all the column data? Also if the webserver
calling this data isn't local, you've got to push it over the network.. might want
to take a lookse at that..  Could turn out to be a large amount of data
depending on actual row size...

Any chance you could estimate a query load percentages?

amount select: %
amount update: %
amount delete: %
amount insert: %

I've got a php script that does this.. you just feed it a mysql text query
log if you need one...

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Ryan R. Tharp wrote:

> IO bound I believe, I've seen the controller hit 74MBps (averages around
> 30MBps) where the load average is always under 1.
>
> Here the queries from the quick benchmark test I put together:
>
> "seq 1000 row Select"=>"select * from <table> limit 1000",
> "seq 1000 row Select starting at random point"=>"select * from <table>
> limit
> $rand,1000",
> "ran 1000 row Select"=>"select * from <table> order by rand() limit 1000",
> "seq 1 row Select"=>"select * from <table> limit 1",
> "starting at ran 1 row Select"=>"select * from <table> limit $rand,1",
> "ran 1 row Select"=>"select * from <table> order by rand() limit 1",
> "1 row Insert Indexed columns"=>"insert into <table>
> (encCC,username,hitreferrerid) values
> ('deleteme','deleteme',".rand(1,100).")",
> "1 row Insert NonIndexed columns"=>"insert into <table>
> (city,state,intoprice) values ('deleteme','deleteme',".rand(1,100).")",
> "1 row Update Indexed columns"=>"update <table> set encCC='DELETME',
> username='USERNAME', hitreferrerid=".rand(1,100)." where encCC='deleteme'",
> "1 row Update NonIndexed columns"=>"update <table> set city='DELETME',
> state='STATE', intoprice=".rand(1,100)." where city='deleteme' and
> state='deleteme'",
> "1 row Delete Indexed columns"=>"delete from <table> where encCC='DELETME'
> and username='USERNAME' limit 1",
> "1 row Delete NonIndexed columns"=>"delete from <table> where
> city='DELETME'
> and state='USERNAME' limit 1"
>
> On the tables that have indexes, we have 9 single column indexes, and 2
> multicolumn indexes (one is comprised of 3 fields, the other is 2 fields).
>
> -Ryan.

performanceRyan R. Tharp25 Apr
  • Re: performanceDan Nelson25 Apr
  • Re: performanceRyan R. Tharp25 Apr