List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan R. Tharp Date:April 24 2003 11:19pm
Subject:Re: performance
View as plain text
IO bound I believe, I've seen the controller hit 74MBps (averages around
30MBps) where the load average is always under 1.

Here the queries from the quick benchmark test I put together:

"seq 1000 row Select"=>"select * from <table> limit 1000",
"seq 1000 row Select starting at random point"=>"select * from <table> limit
$rand,1000",
"ran 1000 row Select"=>"select * from <table> order by rand() limit 1000",
"seq 1 row Select"=>"select * from <table> limit 1",
"starting at ran 1 row Select"=>"select * from <table> limit $rand,1",
"ran 1 row Select"=>"select * from <table> order by rand() limit 1",
"1 row Insert Indexed columns"=>"insert into <table>
(encCC,username,hitreferrerid) values
('deleteme','deleteme',".rand(1,100).")",
"1 row Insert NonIndexed columns"=>"insert into <table>
(city,state,intoprice) values ('deleteme','deleteme',".rand(1,100).")",
"1 row Update Indexed columns"=>"update <table> set encCC='DELETME',
username='USERNAME', hitreferrerid=".rand(1,100)." where encCC='deleteme'",
"1 row Update NonIndexed columns"=>"update <table> set city='DELETME',
state='STATE', intoprice=".rand(1,100)." where city='deleteme' and
state='deleteme'",
"1 row Delete Indexed columns"=>"delete from <table> where encCC='DELETME'
and username='USERNAME' limit 1",
"1 row Delete NonIndexed columns"=>"delete from <table> where city='DELETME'
and state='USERNAME' limit 1"

On the tables that have indexes, we have 9 single column indexes, and 2
multicolumn indexes (one is comprised of 3 fields, the other is 2 fields).

-Ryan.