List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Terence Date:April 24 2003 2:10am
Subject:Re: Newbie question on GRANT
View as plain text
after granting...run FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.D. Ray" <jd_ray42@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 9:38 AM

Well, it at least seems to have worked.  I quit mysql as root, tried to log
in as unifex_dba, alas to no avail:

jdray@porticus ~ $ mysql -u unifex_dba unifex_phpbb -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'unifex_dba@localhost' (Using password:
YES)

>From: "Roger Davis" <rogerd7215@stripped>
>To: <mysql@stripped>
>Subject: RE: Newbie question on GRANT
>Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:23:45 -0400
>
>Try
>
>grant all privileges on unifex_phpbb.* to unifex_dba@'localhost' ;
>
>and if you want a password add on IDENTIFIED BY 'mypasswordhere'
>
>Then
>
>FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Newbie question on GRANTJ.D. Ray24 Apr
  • RE: Newbie question on GRANTRoger Davis24 Apr
RE: Newbie question on GRANTJ.D. Ray24 Apr
  • Big installation problem with MySQL!Grapevine Networks Support24 Apr
    • Re: Big installation problem with MySQL!Michael Loftis24 Apr
  • Re: Newbie question on GRANTTerence24 Apr
  • Re: Newbie question on GRANTMartin24 Apr
    • Re: Newbie question on GRANTB. van Ouwerkerk24 Apr