List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:September 21 1999 1:57am
Subject:Re: cannot get FOREIGN KEY syntax to work
View as plain text
At 06:51 PM 9/20/1999 , M wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am currently using MySQL 3.21.33b and cannot get the FOREIGN KEY syntax to
>work. I have read the manual thoroughly and have also searched the web for
>examples, which I have found none (not surprised as MySQL does not really
>support foreign keys). I have tried a variety of ways to make it work, but
>always get an error. What am I doing wrong, could  someone give me a small
>example please?

Look at

http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Compatibility.html#Missing_Foreig
n_Keys

...mySQL does not support foreign keys; it will accept 'foreign key' as
part of a table definition for compatibility, but it ignores it.

-steve

| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                        http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/ |
|                                                          (530)754-9127 |
Thread
cannot get FOREIGN KEY syntax to workM21 Sep
  • Re: cannot get FOREIGN KEY syntax to workSteve Edberg21 Sep
    • Re: cannot get FOREIGN KEY syntax to workBenjamin Pflugmann21 Sep