List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Mark Bram Date:April 18 2003 2:37pm
Subject:last_insert_id() with multiple users
View as plain text
Howdy All!

This is not mine, but a comment I found in the manual that I would very much
like to see answered.

How does the combination of auto_increment and last_insert_id() work in a
concurrent situation:
User1 inserts with auto_increment, and for some reason is delayed with the
last_insert_id() call.
User2 inserts with auto_increment.
User2 calls last_insert_id()
User1 finally calls last_insert_id()

Which id does User1 get?
Which id does User2 get?

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/example-AUTO_INCREMENT.html

Any helpful answers would by much appreciated!

Rob
:)
:->
:-}

Thread
last_insert_id() with multiple usersRobert Mark Bram18 Apr
  • Re: last_insert_id() with multiple users(Terry Riley)18 Apr
    • Re: last_insert_id() with multiple usersBernhard Döbler22 Apr
  • Re: last_insert_id() with multiple usersDan Nelson18 Apr