List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:September 20 1999 10:45pm
Subject:Re: Memory Fault with 3.22.26a and HPUX
View as plain text
On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 01:41:25PM +0200, Gerrit Jan Brendeke scribbled:
> Chris Trown wrote:

> >         <precise description of the problem (multiple lines)>
> >         After compiling and installing 3.22.26a, mysqld promptly crashes with a
> > Memory fault(coredump).  All directories, except var were moved out of the way
> > so as to provide a means to recover from problems.
> >
> >         I was unable to get a stack trace from gdb(version 19990913).  All I
> > got was:
> > warning: (Internal error: pc 0x0 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)
> Hi,
>
>  This seems to be fixed by installing the "latest" HP DCE patch. We (Alcatel)
> have had many troubles with MySQL on HP. Monty managed to fix some real "bugs"
> in the MySQL code, concerning HP DCE threads, however, it seems we now MUSt
> have HP patch:
> 	PHSS_16429 (HP DCE/9000 1.5 cumulative patch)
> You might concider applying patch bundle:
> 	XSW700GR1020
>

> It seems that the fixes in the threads section of MySQL are DCE version
> specific. After applying the DCE patch we couldn't STOP the server with a
> 'mysqladmin shutdown' comamnd. At least, that is, if there are clients
> connected to the server. Stopping the clients will stop the server. The other
> solution (by Monty) is to do the shutdown command twice.
> Currently we are investigating on the STOP problem, I'll keep you informed.

     Ugh!!

     Ok, so I'm thinking to myself, "Ya know, it's been a while since I patched
this system.  I should do it.  Y2K and all."

     So I sit down for a day's worth of DL'ing of patches.  In the end, I get
125 patches to install, including PHSS_16429.  Whee!!  I should be set.  I
proceed to copy them into my depot.  Bzzt!  PHSS_16429 has several dependencies
that can't be resolved.

     I go off to another depot on campus an manage to get 2 resolved.  I still
have 6 dependencies to go.  Sigh...

     Ever have one of those projects that start off simple, but the more you
work at it the bigger it gets?

     Now to try and find the CDs.

Chris...

--
What's the point?					NT is not the solution.
							     NT is the problem.