List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:April 15 2003 10:26pm
On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 03:08:22PM -0500, Dan Nelson wrote:

> > Is it possible for the email list server to include [MySQL] in the
> > subject line. That way the messages could be routed to specified
> > folder base upon rules in our email clients.
> >

> Just filter on the "List-ID: <mysql.mysql.com>" header and put the
> messages in another folder.

I'd like to just speak up and second that; please don't put any garbage
in my subject lines.  I'm on mailing lists with their names in the subjects
and I read them very infrequently because I can't get the actual subject
line for all the list name information.

Its no fun if your subject is: "Re: [MySQL-Developers] New version o".

There are identifiers, as Dan pointed out, that are easy enough to filter
on.  If you can't filter on arbitrary headers, E-mail the author of your
software (Microsoft?) and complain.  Then filter on the To: and CC: lines
instead, since mysql@stripped will probably show up in there somewhere.
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.     (Hosting, Security, Consultation, Database, etc)