List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joel Rees Date:April 15 2003 5:02am
Subject:Re: stable version ?
View as plain text
> If I look at the mysql.com site I see 3things:
> Production: 4.0.12

Use this in production environments. It should be stable. It also has
all the new features that are stable.

Especially if you are starting something new, they would prefer you use
it.

> Alpha: 4.1.0

This is what is under development. Test it please, if you have the
machinery and manpower. The more testing it gets, the quicker bugs can
be found, etc.

Alpha may also be useful for some special applications, but you should
either expect to solve problems yourself or buy support from MySQL if
you do use it.

> Recent: 3.23.56

3.23 is the old version, and is in maintenance mode. No new development
of features or functionaly. They are maintaining it for people who don't
want or need to move to the production version. It looks like there has
been a recent bug or security fix.

> what is the stable version now,3.23.56 ?
> and what is ment by production ?

HTH

--
Joel Rees <joel@stripped>

Thread
stable version ?Geiregat Jonas14 Apr
  • Re: stable version ?Dan Nelson14 Apr
  • Re: stable version ?Jerry14 Apr
  • Re: stable version ?Tyler Longren14 Apr
  • Re: stable version ?Stanley Zhang15 Apr
    • Re: stable version ?Daniel Kasak15 Apr
    • Re: stable version ?Jerry15 Apr
      • Re: stable version ?Stanley Zhang15 Apr
        • Re: stable version ?Daniel Kasak15 Apr
      • Re: stable version ?Scott St. John15 Apr
    • Re: stable version ?B. van Ouwerkerk15 Apr
      • Re: stable version ?Thomas Spahni15 Apr
        • Re: stable version ?B. van Ouwerkerk15 Apr
  • Re: stable version ?Joel Rees15 Apr