List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Blaine Grady Date:September 20 1999 4:10pm
Subject:[Kinda OT] mod_auth_mysql
View as plain text
I have mod_auth_mysql compiled into my Apache and working fine for simple authorization.
My question is using mod_auth_mysql along with Apache's built-in basic authorization.
What I want to happen is when a protected directory is requested, it first authorizes
with MySQL.  If it succeeds, it lets them in.  If it fails, I want it to then authorize
with the specified .htpasswd and .htgroup files.  But I can't get this latter case
working even with the auhtoritative directive turned off.  Any help would be appreciated.
 Below is my .htaccess file.

AuthName "Secure Access"
AuthType Basic
Auth_MySQL_DB db
Auth_MySQL_Password_Table auth_table
Auth_MySQL_Group_Table auth_table
Auth_MySQL_Username_Field username
Auth_MySQL_Password_Field password
Auth_MySQL_Group_Field groups
Auth_MySQL_Encryption_Types Plaintext
Auth_MySQL_Authoritative Off
require group valid-group

AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /path/to/.htgroup
require user valid-user
--

Blaine Grady
Webmaster

Thread
[Kinda OT] mod_auth_mysqlBlaine Grady20 Sep
Re: InnoDB foreign keys bugHeikki Tuuri7 Feb
Re: InnoDB foreign keys bugmysql-list-bot8 Feb