List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt Loschert Date:April 12 2003 2:41pm
Subject:Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fields
View as plain text
Interesting.  I had never seen this page of the manual before.  However,
you appear to be correct.  I don't see an applicable reference there
either.

I think I am going to re-post my message to the bugs list since no one has
shown me yet that this is definitely expected behavior.

Thanks,

- Matt

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Doug Thompson wrote:

> I don't see this reference mentioned anywhere in this thread:
>
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Problems_with_float.html
>
> Doug
>

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:36:45 -0400 (EDT), Matt Loschert wrote:
>
> >Exactly the point.  I am not saying it is wrong.  I am just wondering if
> >it is supposed to operate this way.  I would assume (possibly incorrectly)
> >that a number supplied as a string would be transformed to numerical form
> >by MySQL, then inserted into the database (and consequently rounded or
> >truncated, I don't care which, I just want consistency) as is done when
> >you insert a number as a number.
> >
> >On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, gerald_clark wrote:
> >
> >> Well, in one case he supplied a string, not a number.
> >> It most likely was promoted to a float before is was saved.

Thread
rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsMatt Loschert10 Apr
  • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsgerald_clark11 Apr
RE: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsClifton R [CC] Jones11 Apr
  • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsgerald_clark11 Apr
    • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsMatt Loschert11 Apr
      • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsDoug Thompson11 Apr
        • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsMatt Loschert12 Apr
          • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsDoug Thompson12 Apr
            • More on enumMartin Gainty12 Apr
            • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsMatt Loschert13 Apr
              • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsDoug Thompson13 Apr
              • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsDan Nelson13 Apr
                • Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsMatt Loschert14 Apr
Re: rounding/truncation of decimal fieldsMoon79611 Apr