List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:September 20 1999 12:50pm
Subject:Re: dbase
View as plain text
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Gorazd Beton wrote:

>Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:33:44 +0200
>From: Gorazd Beton <gb@stripped>
>To: mysql@stripped
>Subject: dbase
>
>Can I use dbase files in mysql (i would like to run select statement on dbase file)?

No you can not use MySQL with dBase files.
Have you tried dumping the content of the files to a text file and using
mysqlimport?
The other option is to connect to the dBase files with ODBC and importing
them into MySQL.  You can do this through MS Access or possibly the dBASE
IV interface.

Slan,
Micheal

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                         mjmc@stripped
                                       http://www.whitepine.com/whitepine/

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it's ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

dbaseGorazd Beton20 Sep
  • Re: dbaseMicheal Mc Evoy20 Sep
  • Re: dbaseBob Kline20 Sep