List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 3 1999 10:56am
Subject:question
View as plain text
Hi!

A> I've been trying to setup mysql for the past few days.. It took me hours
A> to find out why mysql kept telling me access denied on database creation
A> even if I chmod'ed everything to the mysql user, to find out the error was
A> in safe_mysqld which made the data dir to /usr/local/var rather than
A> /usr/local/var/mysql..

What was the exact error message you got?  If you got 'access
denided...' something, then the problem is a MySQL internal privilege
problem and has nothing to do with safe_mysqld !

A> Now I'm getting:

A> web:/usr/local/share/mysql# safe_mysqld --user=nobody
A> Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/var/mysql
A> mysqld daemon ended
A> web:/usr/local/share/mysql#

A> No error, can't find any log... Why is that ?

If you have edited safe_mysqld, get back the original version and
start it as follows:

./bin/safe_mysqld &

If this doesn't work, you will get a log in the database directory.

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

Yours,
Monty
Thread
questionA Dark Elf3 Apr
  • questionMichael Widenius3 Apr
  • Re: MySQL DateTime subtraction questionRoger Baklund11 Jul