List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael S Date:April 4 2003 5:45am
Subject:InnoDB disk file grows, never shrinks
View as plain text
My InnoDB file is set to 60MB, and is not set to autoexpand.

When running stress tests against my server today, I got a message that the table was full
and the test stopped. Sure enough, the InnoDB file was about 62MB.

My question:
I assume that the InnoDB file is the transaction log. Is there a command that I should be
running to truncate the transaction log periodically so it doesn't fill up? On MS SQL
Server, I can run with TRUNCATE LOG ON CHECKPOINT if running in a test scenario.

TIA,
-ms

Thread
InnoDB disk file grows, never shrinksMichael S4 Apr
Re: InnoDB disk file grows, never shrinksMichael S4 Apr