List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:A Dark Elf Date:April 3 1999 8:13am
Subject:question
View as plain text
I've been trying to setup mysql for the past few days.. It took me hours
to find out why mysql kept telling me access denied on database creation
even if I chmod'ed everything to the mysql user, to find out the error was
in safe_mysqld which made the data dir to /usr/local/var rather than
/usr/local/var/mysql..

Now I'm getting:

web:/usr/local/share/mysql# safe_mysqld --user=nobody
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/var/mysql
mysqld daemon ended
web:/usr/local/share/mysql#

No error, can't find any log... Why is that ?

Patrick Lambert
DarkElf Network SysAdmin                         http://www.darkelf.net
CompSci Student University of Montreal          http://www.umontreal.ca
HTML emails and spam to this address will be sent directly to /dev/null

Thread
questionA Dark Elf3 Apr
  • questionMichael Widenius3 Apr
  • Re: MySQL DateTime subtraction questionRoger Baklund11 Jul