List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 19 1999 6:49pm
Subject:RE: MySQL and Apache log
View as plain text
At 11:04 AM -0500 9/19/99, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
>Thanks for all the feedback,
>
>So,
>
>I guess the best way would be to use script and do that every hours or so.
>
>But, if the WEB server is separated form the SQL server and the INSERT DELAY
>is used do you still feel it would not be good and that would put to much
>stress on the web server. Having the insert on the database or writing the
>entry into the log files would be close in requirement on the web server.
>Also the idea is to add entry from SMNP for some domain name too.
>
>Thanks also for the DELAYED_KEY_WRITE, may be it is a reason for trying the
>3.23.xx version. I was waiting to have a stable version of it in case before
>putting it in production!
>
>Last questions on this, where can I find the information on customize the
>log entry and have the server log some data but not other, or is that not
>possible. You just work on the log after the fact and drop what you don't
>want.
>
>One side questions here is the block insert is per database right, not
>server wide?

It's per table actually.  You can't batch up a block of rows and
insert them into multiple tables, because you'd have to acquire write
locks on all the tables.  Delayed rows are queued per table.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
          • RE: MySQL and Apache logPaul DuBois19 Sep
    • Re: MySQL and Apache logVan19 Sep
    • Re: MySQL and Apache logSasha Pachev19 Sep
  • Re: MySQL and Apache logNicolas Ross19 Sep
    • RE: MySQL and Apache logTom Livingston19 Sep
      • Re: MySQL and Apache logMartin Ramsch19 Sep
    • Re: MySQL and Apache logKen19 Sep