List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 19 1999 4:53pm
Subject:RE: MySQL and Apache log
View as plain text
>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Ouellet <daniel@stripped> writes:

Daniel> Thanks for all the feedback,
Daniel> So,

Daniel> I guess the best way would be to use script and do that every hours or so.

Daniel> But, if the WEB server is separated form the SQL server and the INSERT DELAY
Daniel> is used do you still feel it would not be good and that would put to much
Daniel> stress on the web server. Having the insert on the database or writing the
Daniel> entry into the log files would be close in requirement on the web server.
Daniel> Also the idea is to add entry from SMNP for some domain name too.

Daniel> Thanks also for the DELAYED_KEY_WRITE, may be it is a reason for trying the
Daniel> 3.23.xx version. I was waiting to have a stable version of it in case before
Daniel> putting it in production!

Daniel> Last questions on this, where can I find the information on customize the
Daniel> log entry and have the server log some data but not other, or is that not
Daniel> possible. You just work on the log after the fact and drop what you don't
Daniel> want.

Daniel> One side questions here is the block insert is per database right, not
Daniel> server wide?

The block is per table.  If you use INSERT DELAYED you shouldn't get
any notable blocks at all.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL and Apache logDaniel Ouellet18 Sep
  • Re: MySQL and Apache logNicolas Ross18 Sep
    • Re: MySQL and Apache logKen19 Sep
      • Re: MySQL and Apache logPatrick Greenwell19 Sep
      • Re: MySQL and Apache logPaul DuBois19 Sep
        • Re: MySQL and Apache logKen19 Sep
          • RE: MySQL and Apache logBill Gerrard20 Sep
        • RE: MySQL and Apache logDaniel Ouellet19 Sep
          • RE: MySQL and Apache logMichael Widenius19 Sep
          • Re: MySQL and Apache logVan19 Sep
          • RE: MySQL and Apache logPaul DuBois19 Sep
    • Re: MySQL and Apache logVan19 Sep
    • Re: MySQL and Apache logSasha Pachev19 Sep
  • Re: MySQL and Apache logNicolas Ross19 Sep
    • RE: MySQL and Apache logTom Livingston19 Sep
      • Re: MySQL and Apache logMartin Ramsch19 Sep
    • Re: MySQL and Apache logKen19 Sep