List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 19 1999 2:50pm
Subject:problems with mysql
View as plain text
>>>>> "garry" == garry and anna <apluslock@stripped> writes:

garry> i have installed the mysql rpm MySQL-3.22.26a-1.i386.rpm
garry> on redhat linux 5.2  and it installed ok with no errors
garry> but after the install it ask that i can change password

garry> with  /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new password'
garry> i am not sure what this means but when i tried to change
garry> password to my root password it says command not found.
garry> so i when to locate the file mysqladmin and i is not
garry> on the server. is this the right rpm for my server is
garry> which one should i install

garry> garry giesbrecht
garry> mailto:garry@stripped
garry> http://www.aplus.ab.ca

Hi!

The above means that you haven't installed the MySQL CLIENTS
rpm. Please install this and try again!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
problems with mysqlgarry and anna18 Sep
  • problems with mysqlMichael Widenius19 Sep