List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:March 12 1999 8:08pm
Subject:Re: field types needed from mysql database
View as plain text
Jiri Cuypers wrote:

>    Hi,
>
> I'm writing a dynamic form handler, which dumps the form data into the
> correct fields of a database.
> I still need a way to find out which type a particular field has in the
> database, in order to know whether I need quotes or not when i do an
> insert into.
>
> I'm using perl 5.004 with DBI::MySql and apache.
>
> thanks in advance.
> Jiri

Hi Jiri

Why don't you always quote?
MySQL has an internal conversion of types.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
field types needed from mysql databaseJiri Cuypers12 Mar
  • Re: field types needed from mysql databaseThimble Smith12 Mar
  • Re: field types needed from mysql databaseChristian Mack13 Mar
RE: field types needed from mysql databaseJiri Cuypers13 Mar