List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B. van Ouwerkerk Date:March 31 2003 9:12am
Subject:Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?
View as plain text
Most ppl don't like forums. Do you know even one serious project which uses
a forum? I know Slackware did and it really was a PAIN.

Mail to this list gets mirrored on more places then you can imagine, same
goes for PHP lists. You can't blame this on the MySQL ppl.

There would be less mail if ppl would care to do their homework.

Email is convenient, it just gets into your mailbox and you read it.. A
forum would require ppl to open a browser or newsreader.. If you're busy
then it's not fun.

B.

At 00:52 31-03-2003 -0800, Seth Brundle wrote:
>I really hate mailing lists - they are dinosaurs for this type of thing.
>
>A web discussion board is a much more powerful and flexible tool for this
>type of community. Thread tracking, archiving, searching, dont have to
>download 50 emails a day just to monitor a couple threads...cmon its 2003!
>
>Cant we convert this into a discussion board or better yet just make the
>usenet group mirror postable from google groups?
>
>There are 4 lists like this one where I have to continuously subscribe and
>unsubscribe throughout the year when I want to participate. Also emails get
>mirrored on google groups for convenient spam harvesting - its really a pain
>in the butt.

Thread
Could we make this a web discussion forum?Seth Brundle31 Mar
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?B. van Ouwerkerk31 Mar
    • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Seth Brundle1 Apr
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Jeremy Zawodny31 Mar
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?gerald_clark31 Mar
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Seth Brundle31 Mar
    • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Dan Nelson31 Mar
    • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?B. van Ouwerkerk1 Apr
    • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Jeremy Zawodny1 Apr
      • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?David T-G1 Apr
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Seth Brundle1 Apr
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Seth Brundle5 Apr
re[2]: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Richard Morton31 Mar
RE: Could we make this a web discussion forum?David Brodbeck31 Mar
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Seth Brundle1 Apr
    • RE: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Jennifer Goodie1 Apr
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Seth Brundle1 Apr
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Martin Gainty1 Apr
    • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?miguel solorzano1 Apr
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Martin Gainty1 Apr
RE: Could we make this a web discussion forum?David Brodbeck31 Mar
  • Re: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Michael T. Babcock2 Apr
RE: Could we make this a web discussion forum?John Griffin31 Mar
  • RE: Could we make this a web discussion forum?Damien COLA31 Mar
RE: Could we make this a web discussion forum?David Brodbeck1 Apr