List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 28 2003 11:47pm
Subject:Re: About database design
View as plain text
>At 04:40 PM 3/28/2003, you wrote:
>>Where can a newbie go to learn how design and build a database quick.
>         That's like saying to a sales person at a home center mega
>store, "How do I design an build a house real quick". Well, it takes
>time to learn database design and MySQL. If you make a mistake with
>the database, the walls and roof aren't going to fall in on you, but
>sometimes it just feels that way.<g>
>         To get started may I suggest Paul Dubois excellent book
>called "MySQL 2nd Edition".
>         The MySQL manual is also quite
>         You also need a GUI tool for MySQL unless you want to use
>SQL scripts to build your database. Try MySQLFront which is free but
>discontinued. Download from
>         There is also SQLyog which is another MySQL admin tool from
> That is also free.
>         MS also had a pretty good case tool Visio Modeler which has
>plenty of docs on how to design a database. Download from
>         So the only thing that isn't free here is Paul's book. (Why
>is that Paul?<VBG>)

So's I can feed my family! :-)

Paul DuBois
sql, query
About database designdave28 Mar
  • Re: About database designolinux29 Mar
RE: About database designKelly W [PCS] Black29 Mar
Re: About database designmos29 Mar
  • Re: About database designPaul DuBois29 Mar
  • Re: About database designPeter Brawley29 Mar