List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 19 1999 10:05am
Subject:Error while rotating logs
View as plain text
>>>>> "John" == John Millaway <JohnM@stripped> writes:

John> Mysql is emailing this to me daily:
John> "error occurred while rotating /var/lib/mysql/mysql.log
John> stat of /var/lib/mysql/mysql.log failed: No such file or directory"

John> I'm using  3.22.25 for pc-linux-gnu (i686)
John> The error message is correct; There file isn't there. Should it be?

Hi!

This probably means that you are not running MySQL with logging on.
In this case you can simple turn of mysql log rotating.

You can check if you have logging on by doing:

mysqladmin variables

| log                    | OFF                       |
| log_update             | OFF                       |

Monty
Thread
Error while rotating logsJohn Millaway17 Sep
  • Replacegl317 Sep
    • Re: ReplaceMartin Ramsch17 Sep
      • Re: Replacegl317 Sep
        • Re: ReplaceBenjamin Pflugmann17 Sep
  • Error while rotating logsMichael Widenius19 Sep
  • Re: Error while rotating logsAAron nAAs19 Sep