List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wynne Crisman Date:March 28 2003 6:06am
Subject:RE: MyISAM rebuilding questions
View as plain text
Thank you all for the responses,

This information is useful in determining what direction to take in
designing the application's use of the MySQL database.  I am still a bit
unsure how a log based reconsiliation works when the system crashes
(using MyISAM tables).  Does a lengthy reconstruction have to take
place?  Can it be automated (so it occurs when the db is restarted)?
What pitfalls must be avoided?

Thank you,
Wynne Crisman
patternWare Systems, Inc.