List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 19 1999 8:58am
Subject:Re: MyODBC compilation
View as plain text

>> First a question;  Why do you need MyODBC.  I assume you know that if
>> you want to connect with ODBC from an Windows machine to your Linux
>> machine, you don't need ODBC on Linux, but only the pre-compiled
>> MyODBC driver for Win32.

Steve> I'm accessing MySQL on the local machine from iHTML, and it needs an ODBC
Steve> interface to talk to MySQL.

>> Fix:
>> Install libiodbc-2.50.3 first and then try again!

Steve> Cool, it worked. Thanks! Now, another question: In the docs for MyODBC,
Steve> it talks about libmysql.so. Only, I can't find such a file by that name
Steve> anywhere. What is the name of the actual driver produced by the MyODBC
Steve> installation?

The file is now called libmyodbc.so

When you do an make install, you should get the following files:

(/usr/local/lib) ls -l /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      566552 Sep 15 16:26 /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc-2.50.26.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other         638 Sep 15 16:26 /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.la
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          20 Sep 15 16:26 /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so ->
libmyodbc-2.50.26.so

Steve> Thanks,

Steve> Steve Freitas
Steve> Newport Beach, California

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius18 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationChristopher R. Jones18 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas20 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius20 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas21 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius21 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas25 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas26 Sep