List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:March 27 2003 12:45am
Subject:SELECT HEX("abc") is broken...
View as plain text
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/String_functions.html

Your MySQL connection id is 14 to server version: 3.23.56-Max

mysql> SELECT HEX("abc");

+------------+
| HEX("abc") |
+------------+
| 0          |     <<---- this should return 616263 according to the docs.
+------------+

mysql> SELECT HEX(255);

+----------+
| HEX(255) |
+----------+
| FF       |
+----------+

mysql> SELECT 0x616263;

+----------+
| 0x616263 |
+----------+
| abc      |
+----------+

"Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in
the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of
darkness, for he is TRULY his brother's keeper and the finder of lost
children. And I will strike down upon thee with GREAT vengeance and
FU-U-U-URIOUS anger, those who attempt to poison, and destroy my brothers!
And you will KNOW my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Thread
SELECT HEX("abc") is broken...Daevid Vincent28 Mar
  • Re: SELECT HEX("abc") is broken...Paul DuBois28 Mar
  • Re: SELECT HEX("abc") is broken...Fred van Engen28 Mar