List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wynne Crisman Date:March 25 2003 4:47am
Subject:MyISAM rebuilding questions
View as plain text
I am trying to determine what would cause my needing to rebuild an
MyISAM table in MySQL 4.0.x?

I also would like to know how I can minimize the time necessary to get
the MyISAM table up and running under MySQL 4.0.x?

I have read the http://www.mysql.com/newsletter/2002-12/a0000000091.html
document which states that tables with lots of data can be difficult to
rebuild and would be better served using InnoDB, but InnoDB does not
support fulltext searches.

Thank you for any assistence,

Wynne Crisman
patternWare Systems, Inc.

Thread
MyISAM rebuilding questionsWynne Crisman25 Mar
  • Re: MyISAM rebuilding questionsDan Nelson25 Mar
  • MyISAM rebuilding questionsMichael Widenius27 Mar
    • RE: MyISAM rebuilding questionsWynne Crisman28 Mar