List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 20 2003 5:41pm
Subject:Re: Question on choosing a MySQL API
View as plain text
At 21:48 +0500 3/20/03, Vikram Vaswani wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The MySQL API is available in a number of languages - PHP, Perl, C, Java,
>etc. I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on the decision
>criteria to be kept in mind when choosing which language to use when
>programming with the MySQL API?
>
>A brief list of these would be very helpful to me. Or if you could point me
>to a link, that would be great too!

A link to a set of articles that cover several of these APIs is:

http://www.kitebird.com/articles/

The articles weren't written to compare the APIs to each other,
but if you check a few of them, you'll get a pretty good sense of
how you use each to interact with MySQL.

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/