List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 20 2003 3:05pm
Subject:Re: How To See The Results Into An Output File
View as plain text
At 15:14 +0100 3/20/03, Yasen Petrov wrote:
>Hello,
>
>when I try
>
>mysql> select * from member;
>
>it shows lots of records and the screen goes up quickly. Thus I can't see
>the results very well because of the small screen (only 19" :):):) and I
>wonder if there's a way to output the results into a .txt file.
>
>why not be like:
>mysql> use samp_db
>mysql> select * from member > output_file.txt
>
>Is there some way to work around this problem? Thanks a lot.
>
>Yasen

You can run mysql with a --tee option to capture your output in a
file as well as sending it to the screen.

C:\> mysql --tee=junk
mysql> use samp_db
mysql> select * from member;
mysql> quit
C:\> type junk

Under Unix (which I believe you are not using), you can also use a pager
to view the results page by page.  For example:

% mysql --pager=/bin/more

Long queries will be run through the paging program.

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/