List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Weikart Date:April 2 1999 10:21pm
Subject:How enable symlink-aware behavior?
View as plain text
mysql-3.22.20a, mysql.info, node "Symbolic links", says

   Using symbolic links for databases and tables

   *MySQL* doesn't support linking of databases by default.  Things will
   work fine as long as you don't make a symbolic link between databases.
   Suppose you have a database `db1' under the *MySQL* data directory, and
   then make a symlink `db2' that points to `db1':

	shell> cd /path/to/datadir
	shell> ln -s db1 db2

   Now, for any table `tbl_a' in `db1', there also appears to be a table
   `tbl_a' in `db2'.  If one thread updates `db1.tbl_a' and another thread
   updates `db2.tbl_a', there will be problems.

   If you really need this, you must change the following code in
   `mysys/mf_format.c':

	if (!lstat(to,&stat_buff))  /* Check if it's a symbolic link */
	    if (S_ISLNK(stat_buff.st_mode) && realpath(to,buff))

   Change the code to this:

	if (realpath(to,buff))

But I see in mf_format.c that flag bit 32 will get the second (symlink-aware)
behavior.  How do I set this flag bit?

-scott
Thread
How enable symlink-aware behavior?Scott Weikart3 Apr
  • How enable symlink-aware behavior?Michael Widenius3 Apr
  • PHP and mysql_result Need to reference the record I just insertedVan9 May
    • RE: PHP and mysql_result Need to reference the record I just insDon Read10 May
      • Re: PHP and mysql_result Need to reference the record I just insVan10 May