List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 19 2003 9:22pm
Subject:RE: Can't Load Data Into The Database With "<" Operator
View as plain text
At 21:21 +0100 3/19/03, Yasen Petrov wrote:
>how to ececute it from dos prompt as long as I have to connect to mysql
>first. so i'll have mysql prompt anyway. please give me a better
>explanation. thank you

Uh, sorry.  Apparently you didn't even *try* to use the instructions
given, so I will just repeat them below.  If you try them and they don't
work, then please indicate what happened.  Note that you *don't* have
to connect to mysql first.

At 20:57 +0100 3/19/03, Yasen Petrov wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using Win98 OS and MySQL 3.23.39-max. Now, I'm trying to load data from
>the DOS Prompt into a new database (samp_db):
>
>samp_db < create_president.sql
>
>and it returns ERROR 1064: you have an error in your sql syntax near
>'samp_db < create_president.sql' at line 1
>
>Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

You're running this from within mysql.  Run this command from the
DOS prompt:

C:\> mysql samp_db < create_president.sql

Or else run this command:

C:\> mysql samp_db

and then within mysql use this command:

mysql> SOURCE create_president.sql;