List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walt Date:March 19 2003 7:10pm
Subject:Re: Process Limit on Linux ?
View as plain text
On Wednesday 19 March 2003 12:38 pm, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Mar 19), Philipp said:
> > i just talked about openmosix because i read about shared memory
> > segments. my only desire is to make mysql able to spawn 1000-1500
> > connections and *not* to tell my client "cant create new thread,
> > perhaps out of memory" while 1.5 GB of RAM is only used for caching.
> > Is that really possible that mysql is not able to handle this amount
> > of connections ?
>
> With appropriate tuning you should be able to handle that amount. Check
> the list archives; there have been many posts showing how to adjust
> Linux's limits to allow for lots of threads.

I just saw in the latest mysql manual (downloaded per page html tarball) in
the linux installation notes a discussion on linux threads. The html file is
manual_Installing.html#Linux

--
Walter Anthony
System Administrator
          • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Philipp19 Mar
            • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Joseph Bueno19 Mar
            • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Dan Nelson19 Mar
              • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?walt19 Mar
  • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Philipp18 Mar